Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December Prints - Etching

 The paintings are the starting point for the prints.  The visual effects achieved on canvas were attempted.

 'Cannon Hill' 2011 - Acrylic on canvas

This was the first plate that I made with the help of Dan.  We were trying to get the effects of the brush found in the paintings.
 Plate for 'Untitled Landscape Print'  2011

The plate was made using a sugar lift technique on an aluminum sheet cut to a square, as squares are what I am predominantly working with.  The brush marks are easily evident.  This is due to the preparation of the plate where two individual applications of sugarlift were applied on the vertical and horizontal creating the grid.

'Untitled Landscape Print 1', Etching on paper 2011

This was quite successful as a print.  Subsequent prints didnt turn out as dark even though the inking process was repeated from the beginning.
'Untitled Landscape Print 2', Etching on paper 2011

I can only attribute this to the fact that I am at present a novice and wiped too much off.
'Untitled Landscape Print 3', Etching on paper 2011

This print could perhaps be used again laying the plate differently so that more lines are created.

No comments:

Post a Comment